Woodturner's screwchucksThis shows three screwchucks made from wood. Two are shaped for turning wooden fruit.
- Turn up a suitable disc of hard wood to fit your chuck jaws or to fit a small faceplate.
- Fit to the chuck and carefully drill through a small central hole for the screw
- The hole should be perfectly central if you want an accurate screwchuck
- The screw can be any wood screw or sheet metal screw but it must be long so most of it is tightly held in the screwchuck body
- Fit the screw from the back and prevent the screw from turning in use as shown below