Woodturner's Pin chuckThis grips into a drilled hole. It is ideal for initial mounting of bowl blanks particularly natural edge blanks or irregular pieces which present no flat surface to which a faceplate can be screwed.
Old style pinchucks used a small loose pin which rolled on a machined flat. This did not work too well as the pin was too small and crushed into the wood. It could easily fall off into the shavings.
- Our much improved pinchuck shown uses a much larger pin which rolls on a cam shaped surface
- The pin has a spring loaded ball at one end to keep it from falling off
- The larger pin gives a much more secure grip
- Grips firmly into a 1,1/2" hole
- Adaptors available to make it fit most lathe threads
- The adaptor can be used for other accessories